4 March 2009

First Class Food


Taking the morning First Class Virgin from Liverpool to London was not only comfortable and a lovely way to start my trip but the food was shockingly good!
My memories as a student of heated processed cheese sandwich passing as a hot meal on my way back up Glasgow were just that - distant memories. Faced with a choice of full english, scrambled egg with smoked salmon, or fruit I opted for the riskiest option - the scrambled egg.

I'd like to point out, I am not a snob in general but when it comes to scrambled egg I am very much a snob. No Egbert, scrambled egg in the microwave is not real scrambled egg. So watery, rubbery eggs cooked in the microwave with some shriveled morsels of salmon was what I was expecting, but to my surprise out came a plate of freshly cooked, creamy soft, pan made eggs, with fresh beautifully smoked salmon. Shock. Where did this come from! It was amazing, and I hate to say it but the Virgin train chef makes better scrambled egg than me, and he's on a moving train. Followed by freshly warmed croissants and a pot of breakfast tea it was the perfect breakfast whilst whizzing through the sunning English countryside.

Train: 09:45 from Liverpool Lime St, to London Euston sitting in First Class with advanced tickets costing from £21 one way 2hrs 20mins.

No comments: