26 April 2010

Pashley Princess Sovereign


I'm in love! After swithering over parting with my hard earned cash for this beautiful bicycle, I'm pleased to announce I finally took the plunge and ordered my lovely Pashley. As England's longest established bicycle manufacturer, Pashley bikes are hand-built in Stratford-upon-Avon, and the Princess Sovereign is the ultimate in classic bikes.

Despite the classic style however the Princess Sovereign features a modern inbuilt Dynamo light system with no feeling of resistance on the wheel, an inbuilt hardy lock (perfect for Salford), and obviously the classic handmade wicker basket and pannier rack. The Princess Sovereign has one classic feature however that really makes me smile - a skirt guard on the back wheel, to stop your long flowing skirt from getting caught in the spokes. I feel the need to buy a long dress just because I can cycle with it on!

I'll post some photos of our first bike ride next week, I'm rather excited!


No comments: