30 November 2010

Winter Garden


As the winter sets in good and proper with a white dusting of snow I am wrapping up my little garden for next year. Having planted all my tulips, daffodils and assorted 'bargain bags' of bulbs from the pound store I've nothing to do but stay indoors and hope that life begins again in Spring.

With overwhelming enthusiasm last year I planted out garlic, carrots and other winter veg but with the late extreme snow at the beginning of year I got a measly return for my investment. This year as I now own a house (scary!) and with an allotment in the pipeline I thought I'd take more time and plant a few things a bit of a time and see how they go.

In the meantime, bring on the poinsettia and amaryllis and I can't wait to get some indoor seedlings started next month!

No comments: