6 December 2010

Salford Flea Market Postcards


After braving the fog, snow and freezing cold I finally made the 50 metre trek to Salford's Sunday flea market in search of an old Barbie for the top of my recently erected Christmas tree. Success was to be had with many a bedraggled barbie for the princely sum of 50p, a quick wipe down with a disinfectant wipe and a little sewing and we'll be fairy a go-go in no time!

Aside from the usual tat there were a collection of postcards at my usual favourite stall of war-time memorabilia and house clearance items. I just had to have the postcard from Canada between two school pen-pals with the message "Dear David, I hope you get in the world book of records. From Jennifer Mott". I've been googling all morning to try to find this Jennifer Mott from New Brunswick, just thought it would be lovely if she could get the postcard back after 22 years. I shall endeavor to keep looking...


No comments: